Banana’s are one of my favourite foods in the world!
Here are 10 reasons why you should go bananas for bananas and experience the amazing health benefits they have to offer!!
1) ENERGY BOOST – Eating only two bananas will give your body enough energy to work out for an hour and a half. They are also perfect for that midday lull where you feel tired and sluggish, and they don’t bring upon that crash that caffeine or processed sugar produces.
2) POTASSIUM POWER – Potassium helps the circulatory system deliver oxygen to the brain. It also aids in maintaining a regular heart beat, reduces the likely hood of strokes, regulates blood pressure, and prevents muscle cramps during exercise. If potassium overload is a myth that you have bought in to then please read The Banana Girls (aka Freelee) post on potassium in bananas.
3) BOWEL MOVEMENTS – The fibre within bananas promotes the restoration and maintenance of regular bowel movements without the need for synthetic, chemical filled laxatives.
4) MOOD AND SLEEP ENHANCERS – Bananas contain an amino acid called tryptophan that is necessary for the production of serotonin which is a mood regulating substance that contributes to the feelings of relaxation and happiness. Tryptophan also promotes better sleep.
5) RICH IN IRON – Bananas are rich in iron which helps promote haemoglobin production so that your blood can clot faster in cases of cuts or serious injury.
6) LOW IN CALORIES – Bananas are very low in calories per bite so you can indulge your sweet tooth without damaging your health. A banana only contains 110 calories which is due to the large percentage of fibre and water which make up their composition.
7) FILLS YOU UP – 1 Banana has 3 grams of fibre which helps you feel fuller for longer, and helps keep your digestive system running smoothly.
8) REFUELLING – Carbohydrates are the primary source of energy for your cells. Bananas provide easily absorbable carbohydrates for instant refuelling and energy to make it through to your next meal easily.
9) MANGANESE – Manganese is a mineral that is necessary for bone health and metabolism. A banana provides .3mg’s of manganese; an adult needs 1.8-2.3mg’s daily.
10) FAT AND CHOLESTEROL – Bananas are virtually fat and cholesterol free.